Continuous product development. Total product quality. Comprehensive technical service.
Vickers world wide reputation for excellence in the specialised field of textile lubrication is founded on a firm commitment to the needs of their customers.
Acetate Spin Finishes
The Vickers range of acetate filament yarn spin finishes includes products for warp, weft and knitting yarns. Each grade within the ACETOL range is formulated to give the necessary properties to the yarns, including:
- Low friction
- Compatibility with size solutions for warp yarns
- Ease of scourability
Coning Oils for Textured Synthetic Yarns
From the early days of the texturing industry Vickers have enjoyed a close relationship with those engaged in the production of textured, continuous filament nylon and polyester. The TEXTUROL range of coning oils are formulated to confer:
- Optimum frictional characteristics
- A high level of anti-static protection
- Easy removal in fabric finishing.
Special grades are available for high speed texturing which offer:
- Anti-splash characteristics
- Non-misting properties
- Accurate and even application levels between and within yarn packages
- Optimised offtake properties for all yarns including low dpf, microfibre and torque yarns
- Biodegradability and low carbon emissions.
Needle Lubricants for Knitting Machines
The specialised needle oils available from Vickers have been formulated not only to meet the exacting requirements of todays knitting machine technology, but also to be fully compatible with the yarns and the finishing routes to which the knitted fabric is subjected. Vickers oils contribute to the efficient running of the machinery and to the maximisation of needle, sinker and cam life. They are approved by many machine manufacturers. The VICKERS range of needle oils offers:
- Excellent lubrication under critical conditions
- Powerful anti-wear performance
- Efficient heat resistance
- Corrosion resistance
- Good storage stability and non-discoloration
- A number of grades which have been tested by the Du Pont laboratory are compatible with Lycra™.
- Low friction
- Readily scoured from fabric
- Compatible with electronic actuators, seals and plastic components
The VYSTAT range of polypropylene spin finish covers the main types of this fibre’s processing. Consequently VYSTAT grades are available for the production of Staple Fibre, BCF and multi-filament yarn as well as tape and textured insulation yarn. Each grade is designed to balance the properties demanded of the particular process concerned, viz:
- Inter-fibre cohesion
- Surface distribution
- Thermal stability
Carding Lubricants for the Woollen System
The name of Vickers is synonymous with lubricants of the highest quality for carding and spinning. All of our woollen spinning lubricants, whether they be for the processing of knitwear, weaving or carpet yarns are designed to:
- Be highly anti-static
- Maximise fibre yields
- Optimise yarn strength, extensibility and levelness
- Be fully compatible with whatever finishing routes the yarn is subjected to.
Lubricants and Anti-Static Agents for Wool Topmaking
The Vickers range of carding oils for Topmaking are formulated to combine the lowest levels of fibre/metal friction with effective antistatic properties. This combination ensures that fibre length is retained and noil minimised, whilst control of web and sliver are maintained even in high speed processing. Grades proven to be compatible with the Hercosett shrink – resist process are available. Vickers drawing and spinning lubricants and anti-static agents ensure that conversion from top to yarn is optimised. The product is selected on the basis of the requirements of the blend type being processed.
Polyester Staple Fibre Spin Finish
The FYLUBE range of lubricants are specifically designed for Staple polyester production. These lubricants can offer the following properties to the fibre and the process
- Required friction
- Low volatility
- Thermal stability
- Non yellowing
- Handle variation, i.e. slick, soft, scoop all controlled by choice of lubricant.